Tuesday, December 21, 2010

#1 DAD

My husband, Billy, is the best husband and dad ever! When he found out that I was expecting, he was really excited and involved in all things baby. He didn't miss a single doctor appointment. Unbeknownst to him, he probably read the entire What to Expect When You're Expecting book via email updates. He thought I was pretty even though I felt like a beached walrus. He endured several shopping trips for baby things and didn't say a word about how much he hates, nay, DESPISES shopping. In short, he couldn't wait for Avery's arrival. We were both really disappointed that he wasn't there for the birth, but he has made up for it many times over since then. Here are some highlights.



He enjoys feeding him and takes the middle of the night feedings on most nights. Avery seems to know when Dad is on the job and finishes his bottle every time. I, on the other hand, can only get him to eat 2 1/2 to 3oz most of the time. They're already forming a man alliance.


They play together all the time and Avery gets really excited when Billy is around. Also, Billy is really excited when Avery is around.
                                                                               Dad is already teaching Avery about technology. Here is his first Skype experience. This is good news for me because I know that one day, I'll need Avery to help me with computer things when Billy is on his trips.
                This picture is by far my favorite. As you can see, Billy has fashioned the receiving blanket around his mouth and nose in true warrior fashion as if he is dealing with the chemical Agent Orange instead of a dirty diaper. Avery looks on while his onesie says it all. He really does love his dad and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment