Monday, September 5, 2011

It's FALL in Denver!

September is here and for Denver, that means the beginning of cooler weather and the changing of seasons. We've had our windows open for the last 3 days, and it's been in the 60's in our house. I've broken out the pumpkin candles, the long sleeves and the soup recipes. I got inspired to decorate for fall this year. I didn't want to spend very much money because you never know when I'm gonna lose it and start decorating for Christmas! I can get a little crazy! I shopped the house and yard for most of the decorations. I think I spent $20.00 and most of that was for the wreath on the front door. I have to confess that I drew most of my inspiration from Martha Stewart, who doesn't have a 9 month old son and who can sit and craft for hours and hours. I do not have that luxury, but I was able to accomplish this in a couple of days. It's very simple, but I kinda like the way it all came together. 
The finished product. I'm going to put pumpkins where the large candles
are when a person can buy some.

This garland is made of old book pages. I used buttons instead of
berries because I had lots of extra buttons from clothes we've bought over the years. The string is
embroidery thread that I found in the craft drawer. 

I borrowed frames from around the house and I made "custom stationary" by typing up "fallish" words
on some cream colored resume paper I found in our desk. 

These corn husk wreaths were THE WORST to make but they turned out pretty good.

More book pages in a wreath.

This grass was in our back yard and I just wrapped more paper
around a vase I already had.

Here's the wreath that I made for the front door.
It's the real budget buster coming in at $13.00.

This is Welcome Bear. We received this as a wedding gift, and every
year this gal comes out.

Of course Avery had to get involved. He wants to help with everything
and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment